The shamrocks that grow,
And may trouble avoid you
Wherever you go.
1. Parades. I’m sure by now you know which parades you are hitting this weekend, but it wouldn’t be a St. Patrick’s Day event list without mentioning some of the best parades in the Hudson Valley. You can find a great list here.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Family Workshop. Children and their families are invited to the Harness Racing Museum in Goshen for the St. Patrick’s Day parade this weekend where kids can create a pot of gold noise maker to wave as the parade passes. Snacks and hot chocolate will also be available and the museum for everyone to enjoy and only $3 a child!
3. Shamrock Run. Kingston holds one of the largest parades in Ulster County and is kicked-off with the great Shamrock Run, a 2 mile fun- run that supports the annual Kingston Parade. Wear your green and show your support!
4. St. Patrick’s Shindig. Get a baby sitter Saturday night for the Rhinecliff’s annual shindig with live music by Little Creek and an Irish themed 3- course dinner for only $23.95!
5. Paddy on the River. WRRV is hosting a band new St. Paddy’s tradition this year down on the Beacon Waterfront! I’m not entirely sure it’s something you will want to bring the kids around since there will be plenty of beer. But with live music and traditional Irish food this event looks like lots of fun for mom & dad!
6. St. Patrick’s Day Kids Yoga. Grab your love for one of the great date nights from above and drop the kids off for a few hours of St. Patrick’s Day yoga fun! The kids will enjoy social time, yoga, crafts & snack. Kids ages 3-12 are welcome but you need to reserve your spot in advance.
7. St. Baldrick’s Day. Show your Irish spirit while supporting an amazing cause in Saugerties this Saturday. Are you brave enough to shave your head for childhood cancer? If not, you can still show your support at this family event with raffles, a bake sale, entertainment and face painting.
7. Corned Beef Dinner Fundraiser. If you are craving an amazing corned beef and cabbage meal you can find one Saturday at the Zena Firehouse in Woodstock. Support your local firehouse while enjoying some delicious holiday food. You can eat in, take out and even request delivery!
8. St. Patrick’s Day will coincide with Hudson Valley Restaurant Week this year so you can enjoy a reduced price pre-fixed lunch or dinner at a participating restaurant on St. Patty’s Day! You can find a list here.
And here are a few favorite restaurants with special and/or entertainment for a good St. Patty’s Day meal:
9. Ramblers Rest (Poughquag or Monroe)
10 The Blarney Station (Warwick)
11. Bacchus Restaurant (New Paltz)
12. Elsie’s Place (Wallkill)
13. Dutch Ale House (Saugerties)
14. Hurley Mountain Inn (Hurley)
15. Hickory BBQ and Smokehouse (Kingston)
While I do my best to verify events, dates and times please check websites or call ahead when making plans.